Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Jardin Majorelle




When I was in Marrakech I had to visit Jardin Majorelle, beeing the YSL fan I am....
Yves and Pierre Bergé bought it in 1980 and restored it. It was originally the work of a french painter named Jacques Majorelle and the blue color of the house is refered to as Majorelle blue, the giftshop was selling small tins of the color...
The adress is Rue Yves Saint Laurent but got that name after his death. It´s located outside the medina and walkable distance ( If you like to walk...) It´s a botanical garden and Yves´ ashes are spread here. Even though there are a lot of people visiting it´s a very calm place and I can totally get that he liked beeing here and it´s a wonderful contrast to the world outside the walls. There are no fashion on display but books where sold and there is a café that I did not visit but according to a woman I work with is really good



Part of the house is a museum showcasing the history and traditions of the Berber people, it´s very interesting and has a lot of costumes



Yves made his own Christmas cards to sent to clients, business associates and friends and there´s an exibit showing them, some of them have a dog and I can remember seeing pictures with the two of them a long time ago.





No comments: