Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Marrakech

Morocko and Marrakech has been in my plans for a long time and in November 1915 I went for a long weekend. I stayed at a Riad, that´s a small B&B or hotell in something that used to be a private home, I booked mine through Airbnb and I have to admit that I got lost a couple of times trying to find my way home ...
 One thing that has been on my bucket list is to ride a Camel...outfits where included and I have to say that the head scarf was good to keep flies from the face. The guy next to me is a mexican living in Germany , we had a lot to talk about especially since my next trip was to be Mexico, he tought me to say Oaxaca correctly( It´s O-a-hacka)
 Marrakech is really a pink town  and it´s easy to get lost in the souks. I had a henna tatoo, that has also been on my bucketlist, I had it at Djemaa el- Fna, the famous square that´s on Unesco´s list of World Heritage places. I payed to much but not as much as she tried to rip from me....

 I found a fabric store that really did not have anything that I fancied, I also found a store next to it that sold sewing machines


 Djemaa el-Fna, probably in the morning, There where a lot of restaurants and café a staircase up in the souks and up there it was more peaceful than the hectic ways downstairs, I had really good meals and usually I could get a beer or a glass of wine with my food. At cafées and for desert you could usually get Patisserie Marockaine that´s little biscuits or cookies, 4-5 on a little plate and they remind me of the Swedish cookies that I´m very fond of
 I Went to the seaside one day and on the way we stopped at this Place there they made Product out of argan nuts. It was supposted to be in the district where the nuts grew but I never saw any...
 I found some fabric and notion stores at Essaouira also, but the only thing a bought was a towel...

 This is inside the photografic museum that the owner of my riad recommended, very interesting! It´s also an riad but bigger than the one I was staying at and on the rooftop there where a small restaurant. If I should give you one recommendation for Marrakech this should be it!
Marrakesh is probably the only place I can say that I will never go back. I got really tired of people trying to rip me of in so many ways.  One of the reasons I went was to visit Jardin Majorelle; YSL is after all my fashion hero... more to come on that!

No comments: